Remotely Operated Gun & Observation System
The remotely operated stabilised weapon platform consists of an externally mounted gun, controlled from inside the bridge or ops room, using a hand controller and video display. A number of standard weapons, including 12,7mm or 7,62mm machine guns or 40mm grenade launchers, may be fitted to the Sea RWS platform.
Sea RWS is ideally suited to naval applications such as:
- Stabilised primary weapon on an intercept boat
- Countermeasure against asymmetric threats on larger vessels
- Accuracy due to gyro stabilisation compensating for
- Optical Auto Tracking for automatic target following
- Comprehensive coverage close to the vessel due to -40º depression angle
- Fire Control Software for accuracy while firing on the move at moving targets
- Improved crew safety since the operator is not exposed
- Improved target recognition and accuracy due to high quality electro optical sight and powerful magnification
- Recording capability of sight images for debriefing exercises or legal investigations
- Sea RWS simplistic design gave rise to its inherent reliability, low maintenance cost and ease of operation.
- Interchangeable if required
- 7,62mm General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG)
- 12,7mm Heavy Machine Gun (HMG)
- 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGL) (optional).
- 7,62mm GPMG 300 rounds
- 12,7mm HMG 200 rounds
View full specification